Meet the Crew
Sports Director, Voice of UNH Men's Hockey Sports@wunh.org
Cameron Close is a senior communication major from Westford, Massachusetts. He graduated from Westford Academy before attending UNH. Close calls men's hockey play by play for WUNH Sports and is a host on Wildchats. He specializes in NCAA and NHL hockey talk on Wildchats. Close also produces the audio for WUNH Sports promos and the audio heard on Wildchats. He also created and runs the wunhsports.com website. He would like pursue a career in play-by-play hockey broadcasting or be involved with hockey scouting and/or front office staff. Close is a former intern at ESPN New Hampshire and hosted a weekly show, "The Empty Net," last summer.
- All Time Favorite Athlete: Steve Yzerman
- Favorite Moment in Sports History: Ray Bourque winning Stanley Cup
- Favorite Broadcaster: Jim Hughson
- Favorite Sports Movie: The Sandlot
- Favorite Sports Uniform: Detroit Red Wings jerseys
- Interesting Fact: Is a dual citizen of the U.S. and the Republic of Ireland
Voice of UNH Football
Chris Agresti is a senior communications major originally from Chelmsford, Massachusetts. He graduated from St. John’s Prep (Danvers, MA) in 2010. Chris is a weekly Wildchats member and also announces UNH football and basketball games. Chris’ specialties are the New England Patriots and the NFL. Chris currently runs the WUNH twitter page. Upon graduation, he hopes to pursue a career in sports broadcasting or journalism, he is currently interning at NESN.
UNH Football Color Commentary
Website Director, Voice of UNH Men's Basketball
Jared Scali is a senior communication major from Salem, NH and went to Salem High School before coming to UNH. He helps call UNH Men’s basketball games on WUNH. His specialty is the Boston Celtics and the NBA. Scali helped create the WUNH Sports website and is actively updating its content. You can also hear Jared once a week doing an NBA wildcast with Nick Stoico on wunhsports.com. He has interned at 98.5 the Sports Hub and is going to be with Comcast Sports Net during the summer. He is pursuing a career in sports radio or play-by-play commentary.
- All Time Favorite Athlete: Pedro Martinez
- Favorite Moment in Sports History: Paul Pierce wins NBA Title and Final MVP
- Favorite Broadcaster: Johnny Most
- Favorite Sports Movie: CaddyShack
- Favorite Sports Uniform: 1992 Phoenix Suns
- Interesting Fact: Would do anything to spend a day with KG
Arjuna Ramgopal is a senior communication and english/journalism double major and films studies minor originally from Milton Keyes, England. He moved to Derry, NH in 1999 and graduated from Pinkerton Academy in 2010. Arjuna is a weekly Wildchats member who specializes in the NFL, the NFL draft, and the New England Patriots. He also is knowledgeable on the NBA, the Boston Celtics, and the Boston Red Sox. He would like to do pursue a career in professional football, whether that be through broadcasting, journalism, or a front office career.
- All time favorite athlete: Tedy Bruschi
- Favorite Moment in Sports History: 2001 New England Patriots Superbowl XXXVI Win
- Favorite broadcaster: Mike Mayock
- Favorite Sports Movie: Remember the Titans
- Favorite Sports Uniform: New Orleans Saints Home Jerseys
- Interesting Fact: Became a U.S. citizen in 2007
UNH Hockey Color Commentary
Parker Wheeler is a sophomore, majoring in sports studies and journalism. He is from Francestown, New Hampshire. He graduated from ConVal Regional High School before attending UNH. Wheeler calls men’s hockey for WUNH Sports and is a weekly member on Wildchats. He specializes in Bruins and NHL hockey talk on Wildchats. Upon graduation, he hopes to pursue a career in play-by-play hockey broadcasting or having a sports talk radio show.
- All Time Favorite Athlete: Martin Brodeur
- Favorite Moment in Sports History: Boston Bruins 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Favorite Broadcaster: Cam Close
- Favorite Sports Movie: Miracle
- Favorite Sports Uniform: Oregon Ducks Football Jerseys
- Interesting Fact: Is known to be a great singer
Nick Stoico is a junior English-Journalism major from Durham, NH. Stoico went to high school at the Holderness School in Plymouth, NH before attending UNH. Originally from Massachusetts, Stoico grew up in a family where if you weren’t reading the sports page of the Boston Globe, you were listening to sports talk radio…or doing both at the same time (this was most common). Stoico is a weekly member of the Wildchats sports talk radio lineup. He can be heard every week on the Scali and Stoico NBA podcast on wunhsports.com. Stoico hopes to be a professional sportswriter and part time sports radio guest after graduation.
- All time favorite athlete: Michael Jordan
- Favorite moment in sports history: 2004 Red Sox ALCS
- Favorite broadcaster: Jack Edwards
- Favorite sports movie: Slap Shot
- Favorite sports uniform: Boston Celtics
- Interesting fact: Sports Editor and UNH football beat writer at The New Hampshire
Sports Marketing Director
Mark Piechowiak is a sophomore aspiring to be a sports marketing director & sports agent. He is from Derry, NH and graduated from Pinkerton Academy. Mark comes from a hard working family, who have have a Polish background and is the first born American citizen in his family and values putting family first. Mark is highly motivated, goal oriented and has a go getter attitude. As the sports marketing director for WUNH Sports he handles social media marketing for the station, website design and advises marketing strategies to promote all UNH Sports to students, fans, and community of Durham & UNH.
- All time favorite athlete: Kevin Garnett
- Favorite moment in sports history: 2008 Boston Celtics Championship victory game 7
- Favorite broadcaster: Tommy Heinsohn
- Favorite sports movie: Space Jam
- Favorite sports uniform: Washing Wizard throw back jersey
- Interesting fact: Speaks fluent Polish
Jack Gilman is a junior double majoring in Communication and English- Journalism along with a sports studies minor. He is originally from Yarmouth, Maine and graduated from Yarmouth High School before attending UNH. Gilman is a weekly member on Wildchats and hopes to start doing play by play in the near future. He specializes in MLB and NBA talk on Wildchats. He would like pursue a career in play-by-play television/radio broadcasting, focusing on baseball and basketball, or be a sports reporter for a national sports network.
- All Time Favorite Athlete: Tim Wakefield
- Favorite Moment in Sports History: The Red Sox 2004 ALCS
- Favorite Broadcaster: Joe Castiglione
- Favorite Sports Movie: “Rookie of the Year”
- Favorite Sports Uniform: Bruins Alternate Jerseys
- Interesting Fact: Sings in an a cappella group